APhA Career Pathway Evaluation Program for Pharmacy Professionals
To make a sound career decision, you need knowledge about two important subjects-the pharmacy profession and yourself. The APhA Career Pathway Evaluation Program for Pharmacy Professionals is not a “quick fix” that will enable you to reach a career decision by the end of the workshop, nor is it a substitute for your own research. However, it can help you identify the pharmacy career option that is appropriate for you by providing information and guidelines you will need to carry out this process.
After working through the exercises within this program and participating in a live workshop, you will not only have detailed and useful information about many areas of pharmacy practice, but also will have a clearer understanding of how to choose a career path in pharmacy that is right for you.
Program Materials for Participants
1. The Briefing Document is a combination of written and online exercises. Please note that responses to Exercises 1 to 4 are to be completed in writing and Exercises 5 and 6 can be completed using the Online Assessment Tool. Please make sure to print out your results from the online exercises and take all exercises with you to the live workshop.
2. The live workshop focuses on a five-step vigilant decision-making process.
3. The Follow-Up Materials provide resource materials and follow-up counseling.
4. The Career Option Profiles provide detailed information on different career options.
Program Materials for Facilitators
APhA highly recommends that every facilitator attend a facilitator’s training program prior to teaching the program. For more information about facilitator’s trainings, please email [email protected]
If you are a trained facilitator:
1. The Facilitator’s Guide provides details about how to effectively present this program in your school.
2. The Facilitator’s Slides can be downloaded and used to present this information in your classroom.
3. The Workshop Evaluation will allow you as a facilitator to get valuable feedback from your students.